Here comes Peter Cottontail, hoppin’ down the bunny trail, hippity, hoppity, Easter’s on its way! Christmas wasn’t over but two weeks and our little ones were already asking when the Easter bunny would be making his beloved appearance. Easter is such a special time of year as Spring is in the air, tulips and greenery start peeking out after the long winter months, and we finally get to venture outside and enjoy the outdoors more! Our children love all our family Easter traditions, especially coloring eggs and going on a BIG egg hunt. One tradition that never seems to fail is the mounds of candy we all consume, from jelly beans to peanut butter cup eggs (my fav)! This year we won’t be completely candy-free, but I want to save the sugar and focus on filling their Easter baskets with items they can actually use.
Here are five easy tips for Easter basket essentials that are foolproof for any age:
- Arts and crafts: Chalk (also check out these pastel chalk markers from Sharpie), crayons, markers, and colored pencils are always my go-to. After being inside all winter our craft supplies can use an update, and by Spring the kids are begging to go outside and chalk away!
- Books: Easter books are always fun but try a new book based on your child’s age. There are SO many amazing books out now and they double as decor in your little one’s room. You can go for something classic and timeless like a boxed set of classic Petter Rabbit books, something holiday themed like a touch and feel Easter board book, or a fun activity book to get them outside and exploring.
- Games: We are learning our letters and numbers over here so The Land of Nod’s colorful flash cards are in our baskets – the beautiful images make it so fun for the kids. We also love games like bingo and memory (here’s a super colorful bingo set, and an adorable pop-art memory set), or puzzles that the whole family do together.
- Bath toys: Bath toys tend to get dingy with mildew, so it’s good to replace them every so often (plus, what kiddo doesn’t love getting a fresh batch of toys?). Easter is a good excuse to swap in some new toys for your tots.
- Outdoor play: It’s hard to believe but pretty soon we’ll be spending more time outdoors than in! Get them something they can use all summer long like bubbles, an ancient treasure archaeology kit, a gardening kit, a colorful croquet set, or a rainbow playground ball. Land of Nod has this really fun sidewalk chalk spray that we’re excited to try!
Land of Nod has a great Easter Collection that covers everything from balloons, paper cups and plates, egg decorating kits, baskets, cupcake wrappers, garlands, bunny ears, and friendship bracelets. My kids are absolutely loving our playroom decked out with these Easter goodies!