We recently updated our hallway and I wanted to share the simple changes with you. When we moved in over 5 years ago I created a gallery wall with all our wedding photos. Reese kept asking when we could swap the pictures out, the twins wanted to be equally represented in our home.
We took down all the frames and decided to paint the hallway Sherwin Williams Pure White. It just makes the hallway more light and airy. We also swapped out the lighting for these new semi-flush lights from Lighting New York in polished nickel. They give off so much light, taking 3-60 watt bulbs.
I’ve been inspired by this gallery wall from Studio McGee. However I didn’t want to have to go with custom frames because they are too expensive.
Get a hallway gallery wall in 3 easy steps:
- Purchase these IKEA Ribba frames size 24×35 3/4. Each frame is $19.99. The mat opening is not a standard size at 19×27. So you can throw it out or save for a rainy day.
- Go Hobby Lobby to have a mat(s) made with 8×10 openings. Each mat is $20, and unfortunately you can’t use a Hobby Lobby coupon on custom framing. Get a white mat in color White Essential. Provide them with the following measurements
- Window Opening: 9 3/4 x 7 3/4
- Opening is 7 1/8 inches from the top, left & right side
- Opening is 21 1/8 from the bottom
- Hang your frames. A good rule of thumb is 2″-3″ apart, and 60 inches from the floor
Hope you found this helpful!